Career opportunities at McCann Window & Exteriors
To apply for the following position(s), please email us your resume and cover letter.
Professional exterior remodeling firm seeks an EXCELLENT INSTALLATION MANAGER who knows that remodeling firms thrive on exceptional and personal customer service. We’ve used the ability to delight customers as the primary strategy in our playbook for almost 30 years, and we’re looking for someone to continue as we build the best window and door installation team in Chicago.
For the ideal candidate, that means possessing a great attitude, a willingness to learn and grow, and meticulous attention to detail in order to contribute to a high-performing team.
Responsible for measuring and ordering windows and doors and related exterior products, and provide support to all phases of operations:
- Take accurate measurements of custom-sized wood, vinyl, and fiberglass windows and doors
- Place accurate orders with multiple vendors
- Verify order content
- Obtain permits as necessary
- Schedule installations with our customers
- Direct installation teams and manage installation schedule
- Monitor overall installation quality
- Work as a team with our office manager
- Perform simple repair/services on previous installations
- Track job costs and profitability
- Collect final payments
- Manage warehouse, inventory, and supplies
The job requires experience installing wood and vinyl windows and doors for at least 3 years, both full frame and simple. The ideal candidate will have successfully performed measuring and ordering functions for another window and door firm. Experience with siding and roofing is a great plus. Most important is the desire and ability to be trained in our methods.
- Take accurate measurements the first time
- Effectively communicate with vendors
- Listen to and communicate effectively with customers
- Text, email, use a CRM
- Follow or implement useful tracking systems
- Look for and communicate new leads and opportunities back to sales team
You will also build and manage relationships with:
- Your direct manager, the owner of the firm
- Our installers
- Office manager
- Outside subcontractors
- Paid vacation
- Retirement contributions
- Low-cost health insurance