Given how unseasonable warm the winter has been, the idea of an early spring and summer is not so much of a wish as it usually is. Dare we say it. It’s about time to think about opening the patio doors.
That means it’s time to make sure they are in good shape and will provide a way to bring your yard and patio into your home.
Given the lightness of the winter, weather damage to windows and doors should be at a minmum, unless you had problems with high winds. Check them for how easy they are to open and whether they remain weather tight. You may notice that
- Sliding patio doors are either too tight or too loose on their tracks.
- Seals are not weather tight. Energy savings in the summer air conditioning season can be just as important as winter heating season.
- Screens are torn or worn. Problems with screens are the most common.
Finally, consider security. For the best security , get replacement patio doors with a foot bolt that fits in the door sill or doors with multipoint locks. Both types are difficult to break.
- Sliding French doors in wood
- Inswing French doors
- Vinyl or fiberglass sliding patio doors
Benefits of replacement doors include:
- Increased security.
- Easy operation and access to the outdoors
- Improved appearance
- Increased energy efficiency
For more information, read these tips on the perfect patio door.
For an assessment of your patio doors and to get a no-cost estimate, call McCann Window and Exteriors at 847-562-1212 or fill in the form at right.