Career opportunities at McCann Window & Exteriors
Positions we currently have open: Senior Sales Team Member; Production/Installation Manager and Entry Level Sales.
Want to feel excited about going to work again? How about being a part of a company that treats its customers and team members with high regard? Join McCann and be proud of what you do every day. Our 30-year family-owned firm is one of the North Shore’s most reputable window, door and siding companies.
To apply for the following position(s), please email us your resume and cover letter.
We are looking for an experienced window and door installer who might be ready to hang up his or her toolbelt. If that’s you, we need an ORDER VERIFIER to take accurate measurements to order our new windows and doors. Join McCann and be proud of what you do every day. Our 29-year family-owned firm is one of the North Shore’s most reputable window, door and siding companies. We seek an OUTSTANDING ORDER VERIFIER to join our team. If you have high standards, believe in putting customers first, want to be valued and want to build a solid future with a growing business, then you belong here. Be part of an enterprise where your hard work really matters and be rewarded for your quality. Join us!
Measure & order new windows and doors to make sure they fit.
- Take accurate measurements for custom-sized wood, vinyl, and fiberglass windows and doors
- Place accurate orders with multiple vendors (5-7 new jobs per week, on average)
- Confirm order content
- Use standard sizes where possible
- Learn and know our product lines intimately
- Specify any and all materials installers will need to fulfill installation
- Be accessible to installer questions
- Report to the owner
- Assist the office team and installation team
This job requires at least 3 years of prior experience in installing wood and vinyl windows and doors, both full frame and simple, or 5 years of remodeling experience. The ideal candidate will have successfully performed measuring and ordering functions for another company. Experience with Pella, Marvin, Alside, Albany Door is a plus.
- Take accurate measurements the first time
- Effectively communicate with vendors
- Listen to and communicate well with customers
- Foresight: the ability to anticipate and lead the requirements for each specific job
- Have a pleasant demeanor
- Competitive salary
- Blue Cross Health insurance
- Performance bonuses
- 2-week paid vacation
- Retirement plan
Senior Sales Team Member
Now we seek an OUTSTANDING SENIOR SALESPERSON to join our team. If you have high standards, believe in putting customers first, want to be valued and want to build a solid future with a growing business, then you belong here. Be part of an enterprise where your hard work matters and be rewarded for your quality. Join us!
- Meets with existing and prospective customers to discuss their needs.
- Provides product information to create interest in new sales.
- Assists customers with product pricing, availability, and monitor order status, making sure they understand all aspects of and costs associated with their project.
- Measures accurately for custom-sized wood, vinyl, and fiberglass windows and doors.
- Interfaces with the installation team to ensure successful execution of each order.
- Stays with each project from start to finish, serving as customer liaison and advocate throughout, ensuring highest levels of service and satisfaction.
- Represents McCann Windows & Exteriors everywhere he or she goes, embodying our commitment to being a great neighbor in our community.
The man or woman we are looking for will impress us with his/her energy, go-for-it attitude, and dedication to superb customer service. College education desired but not required. Other qualifications include:
- 5+ years sales and estimating experience.
- Familiarity with the remodeling and window installation businesses and strong product knowledge.
- A proven track record for finding, closing and retaining customers.
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Dedicated to constantly learning and improving knowledge and skills.
- Unwavering dedication to outstanding customer service.
- Go-for-it attitude and high energy.
- Pleasant speaking voice and ease in talking with people.
- Excellent writing skills. Clear communicator, whether it’s via email, text or by phone.
- Above average computer skills, including experience with multiple types of marketing media.
- Proven ability to engage and close customers.
- Proficient in text, email, and using a CRM
- Exceptional follow-through with customer, office staff and installation team.
- Own your own car in good shape, suitable for transporting samples to customer locations.
- Competitive compensation with a draw against commission
- High-quality health insurance
- Two weeks’ paid vacation
- Retirement plan
- Expense allowance
Entry Level Sales Position
Learn home-remodeling sales from a million-dollar pro
McCann Window & Exteriors is looking for an entry-level sales person who is ready to learn from a pro who has been in the business for over 30 years. We can teach you how to make $100K a year in 3 years! Through hard work and a good attitude, you’ll learn to build rapport, gain trust and sell—a lot! And at the end of the day be proud!
We are a trusted and highly respected replacement-window and door company in the north suburbs of Chicago. We’re looking for a self-motivated people person who wants to learn the craft of building customer relationships to sell exterior remodeling services. A great work ethic, desire to succeed financially and personally and positive attitude are musts. Please send a cover letter and resume.
- Generate new opportunities through outbound dials
- Soliciting business around current installations
- Attending networking events
- Writing proposals
- Setting up new appointments
- Accompanying Mr. McCann on sales appointments
- Desire to learn
- Ability to adapt and incorporate new skills
- Comfortability with people
- Ability to integrate sales disciplines
- Knowledgeable in using a CRM
- Own and use your automobile, in presentable condition
- Draw against commission
- Mileage reimbursement
- Retirement contribution
- Paid vacation
- Low-cost health insurance